Do you know how to create a win-win strategy for the customers and business?
A win-win strategy is about designing a relationship that is highly beneficial to both the buyer and the seller. Win-Win selling does not mean dropping the price to get the sale. It is understanding that you are trying to need specific things, satisfying those needs, and fulfilling the promises while making a profit. It means that you are gaining the customer you like by accomplishing your goals and overcoming the challenges. The win-win strategy is not at all compromising. All you need to do is modify the original expectations of the customers and mutually seek what to do for the best demonstration of return on investment. One of the most typical Win-Win scenarios is in B2B organizations.
Take care of your customers enough to create value. If you get on the right path, selling will become easier. The customer is one of the most important visitors for every business. He is the one who is not dependent on us, but the business is dependent on him. The customer is not an introduction to the work for an outsider in the business. He is the purpose and part of it.
Today’s businesses are operating in competitive markets. Customers have many choices and for this, many business leaders think that gaining and retaining the customers is a tough nut to crack.
In this scenario, you must understand how to create a Win-Win relationship with the customers for a sustainable business engagement!
There’s a three-fold answer to it!
- Understand the customers and their businesses deeply
- Go beyond all the financials and create value for your customers
- create a company that the customers will love to engage with
Conventional business strategy
One of the major objectives of conventional business strategies to maximize the opportunity to enhance the business, maximize everything that you get from the client i.e. revenue, profit, etc. It is a one-sided approach. Most of the time, you will tend to lose what is it that you need from the other side that is the customer’s perspective because this approach is inward-looking. None of the parameters evaluate how the customer is feeling by engaging with you. This type of business structure does not last for long because it does not create a Win-Win situation for you and the client.
So instead of following the best business strategy, businesses must go for the new approach which includes creating loyalty, trust, and value in the market. This is because building a good customer experience will never happen by accident. It will only happen by the design to construct for them.
Robust customer relationship is based on the following foundations
- Focus on the client’s perspective, problems, and how to offer solutions by walking around them.
- Maintaining a delicate balance between the profitability and price along with the benefits by engaging them in the production services and being vocal about them.
- A deeper understanding of the customer’s business, operations, decision-making, approval systems, constants, and sensitivities.
- Flexibility and customizing the offerings and suiting as per the customer’s requirements.
- Empowering the team members to make decisions for the mutual interest of the organization and the customer.
- Avoid procedural hold-ups.
This approach will help you in creating a win-win situation with your customer. Before you follow this approach, you must answer the following questions-
- Who is your target audience?
- How are you serving them?
- Are they delighted with your services or products question mark
- Are you happy with your customers?
- Are you going for fair deals with your customers?
- Are you engaging properly with their clients?
Being approachable doesn’t mean that you need to influence the customers. It means providing the prospects time to communicate about the requirements and listening. You must not be desperate for the sale but proceed confidently during the closing deals with the prospects who are the right fit for the win-win outcome.
How can you be approachable?
- Invite conversation
- Be genuine
- Maintain a helpful and positive attitude
- Get back to the clients if they leave a voice message, text or an email
Some advanced tips for healthy conversation and being approachable are –
- Whenever asking about the challenges, use follow-up questions in order to gain clarity. The client’s first answer is not always the root of the problem. You need to hear the full story to respond appropriately to them.
- Listen carefully to what the client is talking about. Resist thinking about what you are going to say next in the conversation of thinking about the perfect solution.
- Determine what will motivate the customer or would cause them to get rid of the red flags in the sales process.
- Understand the goals of the customers. People really find it easy to talk about the problems, but you cannot help them change the course without talking about their goals. Ask them how they will measure results in the desired timeframe. Ask them what will happen if we don’t reach their objectives.
Being approachable is a process that helps you actively involved in the mindset of the customers, rather than selling abruptly to them. It really pays off because you are able to build trust with the client which makes the future sales much easier for the business. This is why it is considered a winning approach for the business as well as the customers.
Win-win selling is as much about you as much as it is about your customers. When you focus your sales approach on achieving the goals of your client, you are definitely going to see how you can win at the same time. This relationship turns into repeat business recommendations, larger orders, and referrals. The central focus of the Win-Win strategy is to look beyond what it has for you right now. Because of its strategy that’s going to help you in the longer duration.
Do you follow a win-win strategy? If yes, share in the comments below!